Wednesday, September 22, 2010

C25K Update - Day Two

Day two was significantly easier.  HOWEVER, don't get me wrong, it was still hard as hell.  I started out in pain.  Day one created a pain in the arch of my right foot which is no fun to jog/walk on.  Also, from the very first brisk five min walk that opens the routine, I had a dreadful pain in my side.  I guess I just chalk it up to "whadda expect", you know?  I'm fat.  When I move around a lot, parts of my body are going to rebel a little.  Gotta just suck it up.  Which is what I did.

We did something else a little different tonight.  We started and finished our routine with a prayer.  Now, I'm not a religious person, but I kinda felt like it was a good adaptation of the 12 steps program where you realize that you must invite a higher power to guide you in your battle (whatever type of battle that may be) in order for it to be fully successful.  The prayers were quick and was even a little tongue-in-cheek ("...and God, please don't let this workout kill us...") and I'm happy that I thought of adding that.  I do need some help from God.  Or Richard Simmons.  Or Jillian Michaels.  Or all three.  Like a holy fitness trinity.  Although I'm pretty sure Jillian Michaels would eat Richard Simmons for dinner.  For that matter, I don't know that she'd get along too well with God either, as I'm pretty sure she's the devil.

No comments: