Wednesday, September 22, 2010

C25K Update - Day Three

You guys!  We did it AGAIN!  Such a thing may not surprise any of you because not everyone struggles as much with willpower as I do, but BELIEVE ME, I've been excited about fitness routines (diet or exercise) that lasted A LOT less than three days.  Some of the things I've been excited about never even got up off the ground.  And this is very different than anything I've done before.  This is hard.  I might have done an exercise video for a few days in the past, but I'd stop and take breaks and typically I'd be doing them alone.  This time it feels different.  And I can only really attribute that to the fact that my husband and sister don't bow out on me and they go out there with me every night, in pain, and sweat with me.  We encourage each other and cheer each other and maybe get all Jillian Michaels on one another ("ten more seconds!  you can do it!  move it!").  Maybe it's the endorphins making me all sappy and sentimental, so I'm sorry if I just made you gag a little, but damnit I hope we're able to keep this up.

One more sappy thing I need to tell you about tonight.  I have mentioned that the arch of my right foot has been hurting, so tonight we decided to wrap it.  Well, turns out, that was a BIG mistake.  At about the third rep the pain was just excruciating, so during the "walk cycle" of the fourth rep, I stopped to take the wrapping off.  It bugged me to have to do that, because I felt like I would be disingenuous if I claimed I did the whole routine.  When we were on the walk cycle of the last rep, I told Sam and Joe that they'd be done in 90 seconds, but that I was going to make up the "walk cycle" that I missed because I had to break and take off my foot wrap.  Then guess what?  Sam and Joe at nearly the same time said "nope, we're gonna stick with you till you finish" and "one for all and all for one".  Cheesy?  Yep.  Completely effin' awesome?  You bet.

We're a wolf pack of three.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so great, no too sappy at all. I am very proud of you guys!