Thursday, September 23, 2010

C25K Update - Day Four

Ok, I don't know what to say about day four.  WE DID IT.  IT HURT LIKE A BITCH.  THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

I wonder how many of my family and friends who maybe linked over from Facebook and are keeping up with our progress are rolling their eyes right now.  It's just some walking and eight reps of ONE MINUTE of jogging.  Actually, a jogger would look at what we do and go "that's what you are calling jogging, p'shaw".  I was joking with my friend G-squared the other day (wazzup, if you're reading) that what we actually do is kind of a combination of walking and jogging.  I told her we should come up with a different name for it like....  wogging or jalking.  She and I agreed we liked wogging.  So, back to my point.  Eight freaking reps of one minute wogs.  It doesn't seem like much, but if you aren't overweight imagine doing those reps with a refrigerator strapped to your back.  Infinitely harder, no?

Also, the pain in my side.  Oy vey!  I don't know what to do about it and it was so bad tonight that I couldn't take many deep breaths, so it felt like I was constantly out of breath.

I was hoping this would get easier.  I guess this is just an example of it's gonna get way worse before it gets any better.  A trial by fire of sorts?

In other news, it was Sam's birthday and she still got out there and busted her ass.  Her ankles have been hurting and she said that throughout her run she just kind of asked God to take some of the pain away.  She said it worked.  Mind over matter maybe.  But I'd like to think it's true.

Sorry for all the bitchin' tonight.  Not sure if you prefer the sappy, mushy talk or the bitching.  It's my guess you'll get a little of both if you come back to check on us.

Now I need to get my achy, sweaty ass in the shower.

Wait, one more thing:
if you want to do it, all you have to do is do it,
if you want to do it, all you have to do is do it,
if you want to do it, all you have to do is do it,
if you want to do it, all you have to do is do it*

*a reminder to myself

No comments: